Shruti Haasan is an Indian Film Actress, Model, Singer, and Music Composer. She mostly works in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi language films. Shruti is best known for her role in films like Anaganga O Dheerudu, Luck and Gabbar is Back.
Biography & Wiki
Shruti Haasan’s full name is Shruti Rajalakshmi Haasan and her Nickname is Kanna. She was born on 28 January 1986 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Therefore, her current age is 35 years. Shruti’s Zodiac is Aquarius. She currently resides in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in Centimeters||170 cm|
|Height in meters||1.70 m|
|Height in Inches||5’ 7″|
|Weight in Kilograms||54 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||119 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
Shruti the daughter of Actor & Film-maker Kamal Haasan and Sarika Thakur. Her father is a Tamil, while her mother Sarika was born to a Maharashtrian father and Rajput mother. She has a younger sister Akshara Haasan who is also an actress and represented India nationally for Ballroom Latin dancing. Her cousins are also actresses, Anu Hasan and Suhasini Maniratnam.
Education and School, College
In her childhood, Shruti attended the Abacus Montessori School, Chennai, India. Later on, she goes to St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai to complete her graduate degree in Psychology.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
It was rumored that Shruti dated actor and co-star Siddharth in 2010 after their movie Anaganaga O Dheerudu. Even they moved in together. But after a while, they putting an end to their one-and-a-half-year relationship.
Also as per media Shruti dated Dhanush who is co-starring with her in the romantic drama “3”. But Dhanush’s wife Aishwarya strongly rejects those rumors.
Shruti has been dating Italian theatre actor Michael Corsale for several years now. The actress travels to the UK frequently to meet her boyfriend and pursue her music career as well.
|Favorite Food||Sambar Sadam, Dosa, Jalebi, Ice-cream, Japanese food|
|Favorite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Kamal Haasan, Rajnikanth, Ram Charan|
|Favorite Actresses||Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Films Bollywood||Mughal-E-Azam|
|Favorite Films Hollywood||The Godfather|
|Favorite Musician||Brandon Boyd|
|Favorite Colours||Black, Grey, Red|
|Favorite Perfumes||Bulgari Black, Ralph Lauren Romance, 212 Sexy|
|Favorite Fashion Brands||Balmain, Zara, Forever 21, H&M, Mango|
|Favorite Fashion Designers||Rehane, Manish Arora, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Balmain|
|Favorite Restaurant||Koji in Las Vegas|
|Favorite Destinations||Seychelles, Los Angeles, Kodaikanal|
Shruti Haasan filmography
At the age of 6, she made her singing debut as a child artist with the song “Potri Paadadi Ponne” for the film ‘Thevar Magan’ (1992). As a child artist, Shruti appeared in a guest role in her father’s Hey Ram (2000).
She was made her lead role in debut movie Luck in 2009 with actor Imran Khan. She made her Telugu debut in January 2011, acting opposite Siddharth in the fantasy adventure film Anaganaga O Dheerudu, directed by Prakash Kovelamudi, son of director K. Raghavendra Rao. The film, co-produced by Walt Disney Pictures. She made her Tamil debut with the science fiction thriller 7aum Arivu.
Shruti was played the lead role for Aishwarya Dhanush’s directorial debut 3, a romantic drama film co-starring Dhanush. In 2013, she appeared in the Telugu action film Balupu opposite, Ravi Teja, which eventually became a “super-hit” at the Indian box office.
She won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu for the action-comedy Race Gurram (2014). Haasan’s Hindi film roles include the critically acclaimed crime film D-Day (2013), the action film Gabbar Is Back (2015), and the comedy Welcome Back (2015). She also voiced Queen Elsa in the Tamil-dubbed version of the Disney musical fantasy animated film Frozen 2 (2019).
Awards and recognition
Shruti Haasan has received three Filmfare Awards and has established herself as one of the leading actresses of South Indian cinema. Shruti made her singing debut “Potri Paadadi Ponne” song for the film Thevar Magan (1992, Tamil). She is Highest-paid South Indian Actress. Shruti was signed as a brand ambassador for the electrical appliance company Lloyd and also Brand Ambassador for Fossil Watches in India.
- She won Filmfare Awards South for Best Female Debut in 2012.
- Shruti won CineMAA Awards for Best Female Debut in 2012.
- She won SIIMA for Stylish Actress of South Indian Cinema in 2013
- Shruti won CineMAA Awards for Best Actress – Telugu in 2015
- She won SIIMA Best Actress – Telugu in 2015
- Shruti won IIFA Utsavam Performance In A Leading Role – Female in 2015
- She won SIIMA Best Actress – Telugu in 2016
Salary and Net Worth
Shruti Haasan has an estimated net worth of almost $2 Million or ₹14 crores. She earns almost Rs.70 Lakh to 1 crore for every movie she plays as a salary. She is also having a Range Rover Sport.
|House Address||She has a 3BHK apartment on the sixth floor in Khar Danda, Mumbai, India|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share her Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Known|
Facts about Shruti Haasan
- Shruti wants to become a musician rather than an actor in her childhood.
- She didn’t want her friend from school to treat her as a star kid so that she used her name as “Pooja Ramachandran”.
- Her first introduction to movies is as a musician and not as an actress.
- Since the age of 14, she has been writing scripts.
- In 2013, Shruti was attacked by a stalker in her Mumbai apartment. Though, she fought back shutting the door on her attacker, and also managed to jam the attacker’s hand in her door and injure him.
- In 2014, Shruti and Tamannaah Bhatia hugged and kissed each other in front of the public at a function in Chennai.
- She did cosmetic surgery for her nose.
- Shruti is the vocalist of a rock band called “The Extramentals.”
- She can speak in 8 different languages.
- Shruti is crazy about shoes and has a collection of over 100 pairs.