Rashami Desai is an Indian television actress. She is known for portraying her role as Tapasya in Uttaran and Shorvori in Dil Se Dil Tak. Rashami was born Divya Desai. But, in 2008, she adopted the name ‘Rashami’ after the producers of the show “Pari Hoon Main” said that her name ‘Divya’ was not working in favor of her and the show. Finally, her mother decided on the name “Rashami” after consulting a numerologist.
Biography & Wiki
Rashami Desai’s real name is Divya Desai. She was born on 13 February 1986 in Nagaon, Assam, India. Hence, her current age is 35 years. She was born in a Hindu middle-class family. In fact, her family has its roots in Gujarat. Rashami Desai’s Zodiac is Aquarius. Her hometown is in Gujarat, India.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||160 cm|
|Height in meters||1.60 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 3″|
|Weight in Kilograms||58 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||128 lbs|
Rashami Desai’s father’s name is Ajay Desai. Her mother’s name is Rasila Desai, who is a teacher. She has no sister. Her brother’s name is Gaurav Desai.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Rashami Desai got married to actor and co-star Nandish Sandhu on 12 February 2012, in Dholpur. But in 2015 the couple filed a divorce. After her marriage with Nandish Sandhu, Rashami got pregnant in 2013 but unfortunately, this was a miscarriage. The couple also has a daughter named Manya Sandhu.
There was a buzz that, Rashami had a relationship with Laksh Lalwani. There is also rumored that she dated co-star Siddharth Shukla. Currently, Rashami is dating actor and co-star Arhaan Khan.
Education and School, College
Rashami did her schooling at JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai. Later on, she completed her Diploma from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorite Actors||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt|
|Favorite Films||Mother India (1957), Andaz Apna Apna 1994), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999)|
|Favorite Politician||Narendra Modi|
Rashami always wanted to become an actress once she grew up. She was also trained in Bharatnatyam and Kathak dance. Rashami got her first acting assignment while she was pursuing her diploma. Finally, she made her debut in 2006 in the television series Raavan. Meanwhile, in 2012, she made a cameo in the Bollywood Film “Dabangg 2“.
Furthermore, She is best known for playing the role of Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore in the popular television soap opera, Uttaran on Colors and Preeti (Daayan) in Adhuri Kahaani Hamari on &TV.
Rashami Desai has also worked in many ‘B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke“. Subsequently, she appeared in ‘B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Balma Bada Naadan“, “Gazab Bhail Rama“, “Gabbar Singh“, “Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna“, “Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail” and “Tohse Pyar Ba“.
Rashami has also featured in various reality shows including “Comedy Circus”, “Maha Sangram”, “Zara Nachke Dikha”, “Crime Patrol”, “Big Money”, “Kitchen Champion Season 2”, “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Ja”. Moreover, She has appeared in TV serials like “Ishq Ka Rang Safed”, “Adhuri Kahaani Hamari”, and “Dil Se Dil Tak”.
At first, Rashmi appeared in Bigg Boss 6 and Bigg Boss Season 7 as a guest. She also participated in Bigg Boss season 13 as a participant along with Sidharth Shukla and Aarti Singh.
- Rashami got the 10th Indian Television Academy Awards.
- She received the 10th Indian Telly Awards.
- Also, she got the 3rd Boroplus Gold Awards.
- Rashami also received BIG Star Entertainment Awards.
- She got the 4th Boroplus Gold Awards.
- She received Best Actress in Negative Role.
- Rashami is awarded the Apsara Awards.
- She is presented with BIG Television Awards.
- Rashami also received Colors Golden Petal Awards.
Salary and Net Worth
Rashami got ₹55,000 per episode for the role of Tapasya in Uttaran as salary. Her Net Worth is around $5 million. Furthermore, She is rumored to be one of the highest-paid contestants on Bigg Boss 13. Reportedly, she will get paid a huge amount of ₹1.2 crores for her stay inside the house.
Rashami Desai has one Audi Q3.
|House Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- Rashami Desai attracted controversy for her disturbed relationship with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu. In addition, she alleged that Nandish had disrespected her and abused her for 3 years.
- She blamed the website, India Forums, for portraying a negative image of her in the public. Also, in an interview, she said, “You know there’s a website called India Forums. They’ve been handling Nandish’s PR and I don’t have a problem but they’ve been giving one-sided stories from Nandish’s end. I’ve never felt the need to explain myself or my relationship to anyone – but there are all sorts of rumors that pinpoint me and claim that Nandish is completely innocent.“
- Once, in Nach Baliye 7, Rashami revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage. However, during an interview, her ex-husband revealed that Rashami had never conceived. He said, “We were clear about planning a baby after we were professionally settled. Our career was our focus. So where is the question of a miscarriage? I never wanted to embarrass her on national television by questioning her on that.“
- Rashami revealed in Nach Baliye 7 that she had undergone cosmetic surgery. However, later, Nandish Sandhu cleared that she got confused between cosmetic treatment and surgery.
Facts about Rashami Desai
- In 2019, she revealed that she’s suffering from Psoriasis
- Besides Hindi, Rashami has worked in Bhojpuri, Bengali, Assamese, and Manipuri films.
- She shot to fame after playing the role of ‘Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore’ in the TV serial “Uttaran“.
- In 2015, she participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7” along with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu.
- On the other hand, She likes listening to the Shastriya Sangeet (Indian Classical Music).
- Also, Rashami is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog, Oreo.
- Above all, She considers her mother her inspiration.
- She also has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- Rashami has a tattoo of a Lotus Flower on her Right Ankle.