Jacqueline Fernandez is a Bollywood actress, former model, and winner of the Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant of 2006 who is from Sri Lankan actress. At the age of 14, Jacqueline hosted her first television show. She took part in many beauty pageants. Before joining the modeling industry, JacJacqueline worked as a TV reporter in Sri Lanka for a few years. She performed the lead role in many big successful movies like Kick (2014), Housefull 3 (2016), and Judwaa 2 (2017). Furthermore, she appeared on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India in 2013.
Biography & Wiki
Jacqueline’s nickname is Jacky. She was born on 11 August 1985 in Manama, Bahrain, in a Christian family. Her hometown is in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Hence, her current age is 36 years. Jacqueline’s Zodiac is Leo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (approx.) in centimeters||170 cm|
|Height (approx.) in meters||1.70 m|
|Height (approx.) in feet inches||5′ 7″|
|Weight (approx.) in kilograms||56 kg|
|Weight (approx.) in pounds||123 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Jacqueline was born to a Sri Lankan father, Elroy Fernandez, who is a Businessman. Her mother is a Malaysian named Kim Fernandez, who is an Air Hostess. She has two elder brothers and one sister. She follows Christianity. Her cousin Frederica Jansz is a famous Sri Lankan journalist.
Boys affairs, spouse name
Initially, she had an affair with the Bahraini prince, Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa. They were together dating for almost two years, but their relationship ended in 2011. After their final breakup, Khalifa released a music album with the name Jackie.
She had also dated the famous film director, Sajid Khan, for over three years. It said that the reason behind her break-up with film director Sajid Khan after a steady relationship for more than three decades is that he was over-possessive.
Education and School, College
Jacqueline Fernandez completed her schooling at the Sacred Heart School, Bahrain. After that, she completed her graduation in Mass Communication at the University of Sydney, Australia. She later joined the Berlitz School of Languages to learn Spanish, French, and Arabic. Jacqueline also got training in acting from John School of Acting.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorite Food||French cuisine|
|Favorite Actors||Shahrukh Khan and Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favorite Film Hollywood||The Bridges Of Madison, Gone with the Wind|
|Favorite Perfume||Issey Miyake|
|Favorite Restaurant||Pali Village Cafe in Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, gymnastics, swimming, dancing|
Jacqueline Fernandez filmography
At a very young age, she decided to become part of the Hollywood industry. She never thought initially about becoming part of the Bollywood industry. In 2006, she won the title of Miss Sri Lanka. In the same year, she made her appearance in a music video, O Sathi by Bathiya and Santhush.
While she was in India in 2009 for her modeling assignment, she tried her hands in Bollywood and gave an audition for the film Aladin. At that time, she didn’t know how to speak Hindi. For the audition, her flat broker helped her and taught her Hindi. Fortunately, she got selected for the lead role in that film, opposite Amitabh Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh. But the movie failed at the Box office.
After that, she played lead roles in some hit films like Murder 2 (2011) as Priya, Housefull 2 (2010) as Bobby Kapoor, Kick (2014) as Dr. Shaina Mehra, etc. She also acted in the British film Definition of Fear (2015).
After that, she did numerous modeling assignments both in India and in Sri Lanka. She also appeared on the cover of various magazines like Vogue, Exhibit, etc.
She had also hosted the IIFA Awards in 2013. In 2016, she judged season 9 of the famous dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2010 she received IIFA Awards for Debut of the Year – Female.
- She won the 15th Asianet Film Awards for Most Stylish Bollywood Actress in 2013.
- In 2015 she won BIG Star Entertainment Awards in BIG Star Most Entertaining Dancer category for Kick.
- She won Lux Golden Rose Awards in tear 2016, 2017, 2018/
- Jacqueline also won Asian Voice Charity Awards in 2017 in the International Humanitarian Award category.
- She won Stardust Awards in the Best Actress category for the movie Kick in 2015.
Salary and Net Worth
As per media Jacqueline Fernandez, Salary is around ₹2 crores per movie, which she played. Her approx total net worth is $9 million. There was a buzz that she took ₹6 crores for Kick. She also endorses many reputed brands like Snapdeal, HTC One, The Body Shop, and a Dubai-based health drink brand.
|House Address||A duplex terrace flat in Pali Hill Mumbai, India|
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share her Phone number publicly.|
In 2016, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee (DSGMC) protested the use of Kirpan that she wore in the song Sau Tarah Ke of the film Dishoom. Later, Varun Dhawan and John Abraham cleared that it was an Arabian Dagger, not a Kirpan.
Facts about Jacqueline Fernandez
- Jacqueline is an avid animal lover and supports PETA. She even turned vegetarian after joining it.
- Jacqueline also linked with Pratham for saving the elephants of Sri Lanka.
- She runs an NGO in Sri Lanka to uplift the downtrodden in the country.
- Although she was born and brought up in Bahrain and continued her studies in Australia, she started her modeling career only after returning to her native place, Sri Lanka.
- Jacqueline also runs a restaurant Kaema Sutra in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- She is a clean freak.
- Jacqueline Fernandez likes to wear sarees.
- She loves to sketch, and she has trained under a famous painter, Nilesh Verde. During her free time on the set of Race 3, she sketched Jaggi.
- In 2008 and 2011, Jacqueline ranked 12th on the list of World’s Sexiest Asian Women in the UK magazine Eastern Eye.