Huma Saleem Qureshi, better known as Huma Qureshi, is a popular Bollywood actress and model. In 2012, she debuted in Bollywood with the film “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1”.
Huma Qureshi Biography & Wiki
Huma Qureshi’s nickname is Huma. She was born on 28 July 1986 in New Delhi, India. Hence, her current age is 35 years. Huma’s Zodiac is Leo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in meters||1.65 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 4”|
|Weight in Kilograms||62 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||137 lbs|
Huma Qureshi Family Members
Huma Qureshi’s father’s name is Saleem Qureshi, a restaurateur who runs a chain of 10 restaurants “Saleem’s” in Delhi, and her mother’s name is Ameena Qureshi, a housewife. She has two elder brothers, Naeem Saleem Qureshi and Haseen Saleem Qureshi work in their family business, and her younger brother, Saqib Saleem Qureshi, is an Indian actor.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Huma Qureshi is currently unmarried. Before starting her acting career, she was in a relationship with Manoj Tanwar (a student of Venky’s) in 2007 and Ibrahim Ansari (a Businessman from Nehru Place) in 2008. After that, in 2012, she was rumored to have relations with the actor Arjan Bajwa. Later, in 2013, Huma was spotted holidaying with the actor Shahid Kapoor in Goa, and the rumors of Huma dating Shahid was in the air. There were also rumors that she was dating the director Anurag Kashyap. In 2014, Huma was spotted hugging Anurag at the Hollywood film “American Hustle” in Mumbai.
Furthermore, in 2016, she was linked up with actor Sohail Khan and was often spotted outside his house. As per the sources, Sohail was showering Huma with expensive gifts. Also, there was a buzz that she had an affair with filmmaker Abhishek Chaubey after separating from his wife, Supriti Malhotra. In 2019, Huma started dating filmmaker Mudassar Aziz.
Education and School, College
After completing her elementary schooling study, Huma completed her bachelor’s in History with Honours from the Gargi College—University of Delhi.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, And Salman Khan|
|Favorite Film||Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Om Shanti Om (2007), Titanic (1997), And Blue Valentine (2010)|
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, Reading Autobiographies, And Travelling|
|Favourite Food||Shaami Kebabs, Biryani, Sushi, Galauti, And Malai Tikkas|
|Favourite Perfume||Daisy by Marc Jacobs|
|Favourite Car||Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV And Land Rover|
Huma Qureshi filmography
Huma joined ‘Act 1,’ a theatre group in Delhi. She was mentored by the Indian theatre director and acting teacher, N. K. Sharma. Later, she also worked with several NGOs and assisted a documentary filmmaker. Huma moved to Mumbai from Delhi in 2008 to audition for a film, “Junction,” which was never made. Later, Huma got a two-year contract with Hindustan Unilever for TV commercials.
She came into the limelight with a mobile phone advertisement starring Aamir Khan and shot by Anurag Kashyap in Panchgani. While shooting for the advertisement for “Samsung mobile,” Anurag Kashyap told her that he would cast her in his film, and Anurag offered her a three-film deal with his company “Anurag Kashyap Films.” She debuted in Bollywood through the movie “Gangs of Wasseypur-Part 1” in 2012, in which she played the character of Mohsina. The audience and the critics appreciated her performance. Later, she appeared in many superhit Bollywood films like “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2” (2012), “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana” (2012), and “Jolly LLB 2” (2017), etc.
In 2015, Huma debuted in the Marathi film industry through the “Mahalakshmi” movie. In 2016, “White” became her debuted Malayalam film. Huma also featured in a short film named “Ek Dopahar.” In the same year, Huma’s debuted English film was “Viceroy’s House.” In 2018, She made her Tamil debut with the film “Kaala.” In 2019, Huma also debuted in the OTT platform through “Leila” ( Netflix ). Later, in 2021, she also appeared in the “Maharani” (SonyLIV) web series. In 2020, she also featured in the American Netflix series “Army of the Dead.”
Huma debuted in TV serials with “Upanishad Ganga” in 2012, in which she played the character of Pundalik’s wife, Nati Hussaini. “Valimai” (Tamil) and “Bell Bottom” (Hindi) are two upcoming projects of Huma.
Award And Recognitions
- In 2012, Huma received “BIG Star Entertainment Awards” in the category of Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut—Female for the “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 and Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2” movies.
- In 2015, she also received “Stardust Awards” (Breakthrough Supporting Performance—Female) for the movie “Dedh Ishqiya.”
Salary and Net Worth
Huma Qureshi charges around ₹2-3 crore per film, and her estimated net worth is around $3 million.
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
- In 2014, Huma was in the news for her link-up rumors with Anurag Kashyap. At that time, Anurag was married to Kalki Koechlin, and the couple was going through a rough phase in their married life. Reportedly, Huma was blamed for breaking their marriage.
- She further attracted controversy in 2016, when she was in a rumored love affair with Sohail Khan. Salman Khan was upset with Huma for creating differences in his brother’s married life, as per the sources.
Facts about Huma Qureshi
- Huma was supposed to debut with the Tamil film ‘Billa II: The Beginning’ in 2012, but the film got delayed.
- During her school days, she used to be like a geek.
- She considers N. K. Sharma(theatre director and acting teacher) her lucky mascot and always takes his advice before signing a film.
- Huma Qureshi, along with R. Madhavan, hosted the 60th ceremony of the National Film Awards.
- In 2014, she did a photoshoot for the “Be unstoppable” campaign for body shaming.
- She also walked the red carpet at the “Cannes Film Festival” in 2018 and 2019.
- Huma has featured on the cover of many popular magazines.
- Ayushmann Khurrana lovingly calls her Chumma Qureshi.
- Reportedly, Huma was asked to change her name by a filmmaker, as her name is similar to a Pakistani actress.
- She is good friends with the director and choreographer, Farah Khan.
- A restaurant named Vatika in Varanasi (UP) has a dish on their menu named “Huma Qureshi.”
- She has walked the ramp for many ace fashion designers in India.
- Huma has featured on the cover of many renowned magazines.