Fatima Sana Shaikh is an Indian Actress and Dancer who is also a professional Photographer. She got huge fame from the Bollywood Blockbuster movie Dangal. She plays the role of “Geeta Phogat” in the Aamir Khan film “Dangal.” She first appeared in a Bollywood film as a child artist in “Chachi 420”.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Biography & Wiki
Fatima Sana Shaikh’s nickname is Fatty. She was born on 11 January 1992 in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Her Hometown is Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, her current age is 29 years. Fatima’s Zodiac is Capricorn.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||168 cm|
|Height in meters||1.68 m|
|Height in feet inches||5′ 6″|
|Weight in Kilograms||51 kg|
|Weight in Pounds|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Fatima Sana Shaikh Family Members
Fatima Sana Shaikh’s father’s name is Vipin Sharma, a Hindu and belongs to Jammu, and her mother’s name is Raj Tabbasum, a Muslim lady from Srinagar.
Boys, affairs, spouse name
Fatima Sana Shaikh is currently unmarried and not dating anyone. Also, there was no kind of information about her personal life.
Education and School, College
Fatima did her schooling at St. Xavier High School, Mumbai, and completed graduation from Mithibai College, Mumbai.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Akshay Kuma|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, and Preity Zinta, and Alia Bhatt|
|Favorite Film||Rockstar, Delhi Belly, Gangs of Wasseypur, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, and American Psycho|
|Favourite Comedian||Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover|
|Favourite TV Shows||American- Survivor and The Amazing Race|
|Favourite Cricketer||Virat Kohli|
|Hobbies||Dancing, reading, sketching, and photography|
|Favourite Color||White, Blue & Black|
|Favourite Books||Only Love Is Real by Brian Weiss, Many lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss|
|Favourite Destination||Canada, London, Kolkata|
|Favourite Car||Hyundai Creta|
Fatima Sana Shaikh filmography
Fatima Sana Shaikh’s dream of acting came true after playing a child artist’s role in the film “Chachi 420“. She was loved and appreciated by everyone for her job in the film. Later, in 2001, she did “One 2 Ka 4,” which was the second film as a child actor of her career. Then, she played the character of Zoya in the 2008 film “Tahaan,” which received “The German Star of India Award” at the “Bollywood and Beyond” festival at Stuttgart Germany in 2009.
Furthermore, she also debuted on tv through a ZEE TV daily soap, “Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo,” in which she played a negative character. Later in the same year, she appeared in another TV show, “Ladies Special.” After that, she appeared in the films such as “Bittoo Boss” (2012) and “Akaash Vaani” (2013) but failed in making her place in the Indian Hindi film industry.
In 2015, Fatima Sana Shaikh debuted in the Telugu film industry through the “Nuvvu Nenu Okkatavudam” film. Finally, in 2015, she got selected to play a lead role, “Geeta Phogat,” who was the first Indian woman wrestler to win a gold medal in the highest-grossing movie of 2016, “Dangal,” after six rounds of auditions process. This movie was the first hit of her career, and with her power-packed performance in the film, she came into the limelight instantly.
Later, “Thugs of Hindostan” (2018), “Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari” (2020) were two theatre releases of Fatima. She also had two OTT releases, which were “Ludo” (2020), and also “Ajeeb Daastaans” (2021). Both were released on Netflix. She also did a Music video( Palkein Kholo) in 2020.
Award And Recognitions
- In 2017, Fatima Sana Shaikh received Best New Action Star at China’s prestigious 4th annual Jackie Chan Action Movie Week for “Dangal.”
- In the same year, she also received News 18 Movie Awards Best in Best Debut (Female) for the same movie.
Salary and Net Worth
Fatima takes ₹1-2 crore per film. The estimated net worth of Fatima is $1.7 Million.
|Phone Number||She didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Fatima Sana Shaikh attracted controversy when she posted a picture on her social media handle during the month of Ramzan in 2017. In that Picture, on a bright sunny day, on the lawn, Fatima took a sip of coffee, and a plate of some delicious breakfast Kept near her. In the month of Ramzan, Fatima also wore a swimsuit.
Facts about Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Although her father is a Hindu, Fatima considers herself an atheist, while her mother is a Muslim.
- Apart from acting, Fatima Sana Shaikh is a fabulous dancer.
- At the starting of 2015, she almost quit her acting dream as she didn’t get any work after giving numerous auditions. She decided to open a new chapter of her life and started working as a cinematographer.
- Fatima is a great photographer. She has worked as a photographer in a studio. She has also assisted as a cinematographer for two ads.
- Also, she is an art lover. Her drawings and sketching are worth watching.
- During her rigorous training for Dangal, she wrestled for 3 hours, have lunch, sleep, gym, learn Haryanvi, and then sleep.
- During the shoot of Dangal, Fatima was rehearsing a wrestling scene with the team and misjudged the timing, and as a result, she fractured her ankle.
- She, along with Zaira Wasim, Sanya Malhotra, Suhani Bhatnagar, stayed at Aamir Khan’s old apartment in Mumbai for six months while filming “Dangal.”
- During the “Dangal” film, Kripa Shankar Patel Bishnoi( coach and former wrestler ) trained Fatima for her role.
- She was also featured in “Kitkat” commercials.