Dilip Joshi is a film and trendy television actor in India. He has shown up in various serials and movies. He is noticeably known for his role as a Jethalal Champaklal Gada in the Indian sitcom “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” (2008 – present) on SAB TV.
Dilip Joshi Biography & Wiki
Dilip Joshi’s nickname is Dilip. He was born on 26 May 1968 in Gosa Village, Porbandar, Gujarat, India. Hence, his current age is 53 years. Dilip Joshi’s Zodiac is Gemini.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||165 cm|
|Height in meters||1.65 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 5”|
|Weight in Kilograms||80 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
Dilip Joshi Family Members
|Father’s Name||Not Known|
|Mother’s Name||Not Known|
|Sister’s Name||Not Known|
|Brother’s Name||Not Known|
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Dilip Joshi is married to Jaymala. The couple was blessed with one daughter named Neeyati Joshi and one son named Ritwik Joshi.
Education and School, College
After completing his elementary schooling study, Dilip Joshi got a certificate in Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. While doing B.Com, he was awarded the best actor award twice for the INT (Indian National Theater) award.
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Food||Rotlo, Basi rotla with vagar in chaas, Aishwarya Rai|
|Favourite Cuisine||Chinese, Italian, And Indian|
|Favourite Dessert||Chocolates with almond|
|Favourite Recipe||Moong Dal Dhokla|
|Favorite Player||Sachin Tendulkar, And Lionel Messi|
|Favorite Song||Saagar Kinare Dil Yeh Pukare|
Dilip Joshi’s filmography
Dilip was very enthusiastic about acting since childhood. He started working in child plays at the age of 12 years. He joined the theater academy of Namdev Lahute. His first childhood play was “Aie Ranchood Rangeela,” He used to be a statue in that drama. He also appeared in numerous Gujarati plays like “Bapu Tame Kamaal Kari” and “Jalsa Karo Jayantilal.” During college, Dilip Joshi used to be a part of college plays and theater groups. In 1988. real Tarak Mehta converted a Marathi language drama into Gujrati, titled “Sakha Sahiyara,” which became very hit. He got a role in it and did more than 300 shows of “Sakha Sahuyara.”
Dilip Joshi made his first acting debut in the film “Maine Pyaar Kiya” (1989). Furthermore, He became a part of the Gujarati film “Hu Hunshi Hunshilal” in 1992. Dilip also became a famous movie, “Hum Aapke Hai Kaun” (1994). He also featured some Bollywood movies such as “Aakhon Par” (1998), “Phir Bhi Dil Hindustani” (2000), and “Khiladi 420” (2000), “One 2 Ka 4” (2001), “Humraaz” (2002) and “Dil Hai Tumhara” (2002) and many more. Dilip Joshi also did TV shows like “Kabhi Yeh Kabhi Voh” (1995)), “Kya Baat Hai” (1997), “Daal Mein Kaala” (1998-1999), “Kora Kagaz” (1998-1999), and “Do Aur Do Paanch” (1998-1999), “Aaj Ke Shrimaan Shrimati” (2004), “CID Special Bureau” (2004-2006), “FIR” (2007-2008), etc.
After that, since 2008, Dilip Joshi started playing the leading lead role of Jethalal Champaklal Gada in a television sitcom “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” on SAB TV. He became very famous and a household name with the comedy role of ‘Jethalal.’
Award And Recognitions
- Dilip Joshi received the Best Gujarati film Actor Award for his Gujarati film “Hu Husi Husilal” By “Gujarat Government.”
- Later, Dilip Joshi received more than twenty awards for his iconic role of ‘Jethalal.’ He almost received every Television Award in Best Actor In Comic Role (Male). Such as “Gold Awards” (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018), “Lion Gold Awards” (2010, 2011, 2017),” Indian Telly Awards” (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2019), and “Indian Television Academy Awards” (2012, 2014), etc.
Salary and Net Worth
Dilip Joshi takes approximately ₹1.5 lakh per episode. The estimated net worth of Dilip is ₹40 Crore.
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Facts about Dilip Joshi
- Dilip Joshi is a pure vegetarian. He mostly eats homemade food, even during shooting time.
- When Dilip got an offer for the lead role of Jethalal in “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” (TMKOC), he rejected it as he was busy with another serial of Sahara One. But later, that project got stopped, and Dilip joined “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.”
- He became joined the campaign of Bharatiya Janta Pary (BJP) while Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018.