Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan, better known as Aamir Khan, is one of the most brilliant and versatile actors in Bollywood. Apart from being an actor, he is also a director, writer, producer, television talk show host, businessman, and philanthropist. Aamir is widely appreciated for the concepts which he chooses for his movies with a strong social message. He is the recipient of several awards, including four “National Film Awards” and nine “Filmfare Awards”. Aamir Khan also received the “Padma Shri”, the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country in 2003, and the “Padma Bhushan”, the third-highest civilian honor in 2010,
Aamir Khan Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Aamir Khan are Mr. Perfectionist and The Choco Boy. He was born on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hence, his current age is 56 years. Aamir Khan’s Zodiac is Pisces.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||168 cm|
|Height in meters||1.68 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 6”|
|Weight in Kilograms||70 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
Aamir Khan Family Members
Aamir’s father’s name is Late Tahir Hussain, a film producer in Bollywood, and his mother’s name is Zeenat Hussain. Freedom fighter Abul Kalam Azad, who founded the “Khilafat movement”, was Aamir’s great grand uncle. Aamir is also the second cousin of six-time MLA, former BJP vice president, and current Governor of Manipur Najma Heptulla. Producer-director Late Nasir Hussain is Aamir’s paternal uncle. He has two younger sisters, Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan, and has a younger brother, Faisal Khan(Actor). Film actor, Imran Khan, is Aamir’s nephew.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Firstly, Aamir Khan started dating Reena Dutta, who had a small role in the 1986 film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak”. The couple announced their marriage later in the year 1986. They have two children, named Junaid Khan (son) and Ira Khan (daughter). The 15 years marriage came to an end in 2002. Now, both of the children live with their mother, Reena.
After three years of filing a divorce from Reena Dutta, Aamir married Kiran Rao on 28 December 2005. She worked as an assistant director for the 2001 movie “Lagaan” with Ashutosh Gowariker. So, Aamir met Kiran for the first time during the set of that film. The couple has one child named Azad Rao Khan, who was born through surrogacy. Aamir named his younger son, Azad Rao Khan, in the memory of his great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad.
Education and School, College
Aamir Khan left his studies after passing the 12th standard.
Favourites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, And Govinda|
|Favourite Actress||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, And Sridevi|
|Favorite Song||“Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Favorite Game||Settlers of Catan|
|Favourite Food||Indian and Moghlai dishes, Dal And Rice|
|Favorite Fruit||Banana, And Apple|
|Favourite Writer||Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy|
|Favourite Restaurant||Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), And India Jones (Mumbai)|
|Hobbies||Listening to Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis, And Cricket|
|Favorite Sport||Tennis And Cricket|
|Favorite Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, And Sourav Ganguly|
|Favorite Destination||Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani|
|Favorite Cars||Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover SUV, And BMW 6 series|
Aamir Khan’s filmography
In 1973, Aamir Khan made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in the film “Yaadon Ki Baaraat“. Later, Aamir worked as an assistant director of films “Paranoia” (1983) and “Manzil Manzil” (1984). He got his first lead role in 1984 in the Bollywood film “Holi“. Aamir experienced his first success in the movie “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” in 1988.
After that, he worked in numerous hit films as an actor like “Dil (1990), “Dil Hai K Manta Nahi” (1991), “Jo Jeeta wohi Sikander” (1992), “Hum hai Rahi Piyar Ke” (1993), “Andaz Apna Apna” (1994) “Rangeela” (1995), “Raja Hindustani” (1996), “Ghulam” (1998), “Sarfarosh” (1999), “Mann” (1999), “Dil Chahta Hai” (2002), “Mangal Pandey: The Rising” (2005), “Rang De Basanti” (2006), “Fanaa” (2006), “Ghajini” (2008), “3 Idiots” (2009), “Dhoom 3” (2013), and “PK” (2014). Out of these movies, he also wrote: “Hum hai Rahi Piyar Ke” (1993) and “Ghajini” (2008) movies.
In 1999, Aamir started his production company with the name “Aamir Khan Productions”, and the first film produced under his production company in 2001 was “Lagaan“. His phenomenal acting in this film took the movie to the Oscars. After that, Aamir’s Produced as well as acted superhits films were “Taare Zameen Par” (2007), “Dangal” (2016), and ” Secret Superstar” (2017), etc. “Taare Zameen Par” (2007) was also his directorial debuted film. His movie Dangal charmed the audience with his brilliant acting skills and became the first Indian movie to gross over ₹2000 crores worldwide.
Some only produced films of Aamir Khan were “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” (2008), “Peepli Live” (2010). He also sang few songs in the films, “Ghulam” (1998),” Mela” (2000), “Mangal Pandey: The Rising” (2005), “Rang De Basanti” (2006), “Taare Zameen Par” (2007), and “Dangal” (2016). “Laal Singh Chaddha”, “Mogul – The Gulshan Kumar Story”, and an Untitled RS Prasanna film are upcoming projects of Aamir Khan. In the future, he also makes a film in “Mahabharat“.
Aamir debuted on TV on 6 May 2012, through the talk show “Satyamev Jayate“, which was aired simultaneously on Star Plus, STAR World, and Doordarshan and completed three seasons in eight languages. He also featured in music videos named “Jab Bhi Chum Leta Hoon” (2003) and “Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara” (2010).
Award And Recognitions
- Because of Aamir’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he is the recipient of several awards, including four “National Film Awards” and nine “Filmfare Awards“.
- In 1988, Aamir Khan first received the “National Film Award” (Special Mention) for the films “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” and “Raakh”.
- Later, in 2001, His film “Lagaan” was honored with the “National Film Award” in the category of “Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment”.
- Furthermore, Aamir’s film “Madness in the Desert” also received the “National Film Award” in Best Exploration/Adventure Film.
- Later, in 2007, the “Taare Zameen Par” movie was honored with the “National Film Award” in the category of “Best Film on Family Welfare”.
- In 2003, Aamir Khan received “Padma Shri“, the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country, from the Government of India.
- In 2010, He was honored by the Government of India with “Padma Bhushan“, the country’s third-highest civilian honor.
Salary and Net Worth
Aamir takes ₹60 crores per film. The estimated net worth of Aamir is $200 Million.
|House address||2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Aamir Khan Controversy
- Aamir Khan faced public insult when his brother Faisal Khan blamed him for captivating him in the house and vigorously giving him pills, saying that he is mentally ill. The stuff even reached the court, and his guardianship was given to his father. However, his father gave the liability back to Aamir.
- During the shoot of “Ghulam”, Aamir attracted controversy when famous writer Jessica Hines claimed that Aamir was the father of her son Jaan. It was featured in Stardust magazine that Aamir was madly in love with her, and they were in a live-in relationship. When Jessica got pregnant, things got changed, and Aamir forced him to abort the child, but she ignored his decision and gave birth to a baby boy, to which Aamir never agreed. However, Jessica has also never publicly accepted it but also has never denied it.
- He commented on Amitabh Bachchan’s “Black” (2005) movie, saying, “Movie was over the top”. Amitabh responded and said, “Yes, it was over the top of Aamir’s head”. Aamir also said, “Black movie does not show any sympathy towards Handicap person”. For this, Amithab responded as “Lagaan also showed Handicap playing cricket and not shown any sympathy”.
- In 2006, Aamir Khan lent his support to the Narmada Bachao Andolan movement, led by activist Medha Patkar, in their actions against raising the height of Sardar Sarovar Dam. While promoting his film “Fanaa” in Gujarat, he made some comments regarding the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi’s (Present Prime Minister) handling of the Narmada Dam and the necessity to rehabilitate the displaced villagers. These comments were met with outrage from the BJP, with the government of Gujarat demanding an apology from Aamir Khan. He refused to apologize.
- Aamir had previously called Shah Rukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. He afterward said that Shah Rukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he apologized to Shah Rukh and his family by visiting Shah Rukh’s home.
- In 2015, he further attracted controversy when he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant, which was criticized by most people.
- He also said AIB “Celebrities Roast” episode was a “Verbal Intolerance”. He said they were using freedom of speech in the wrong way.
Facts about Aamir Khan
- In 2013, Aamir was featured in Time Magazine’s list- “100 Most Influential People in The World”.
- In 2013, September issue he was featured on the cover of Time’s Asia edition with the title “Khan’s Quest” – “He is breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India’s social evils.
- He has also been an official ambassador of UNICEF.
- Aamir promotes humanitarian causes through his charity, “Paani Foundation”. It’s a non-profit organization that is active in drought prevention and watershed management in the state of Maharashtra, India.
- Since his childhood, he was also interested in playing lawn tennis and represented his school in several state-level championships. He was also the state Tennis winner for Maharashtra.
- To promote his film- “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak”, he, along with his cousin and co-star Raj Zutshi, went on roads to stick the posters of the movie on the buses and auto-rickshaws in Mumbai.
- While filming the stunt for the movie “Ghulam”, which showcased Aamir running on rail tracks towards an oncoming train, he just missed the train by 1.3 seconds as he jumped off the track.
- His kiss with Karisma in the movie “Raja Hindustani” is considered one of the most prolonged kisses in a Bollywood film.
- Aamir consumed one liter of vodka before the shoot of the song “Tere Ishq Mein Naachenge” (Raja Hindustani) to deliver his drunk character more efficiently.
- Aamir was the first choice for movies “Darr”, “Swades”, “Saajan”, and “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!”, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, and Salman Khan and turned out to be blockbusters.
- In his blockbuster hit “PK”, his character was shown fond of paan, and he ate approximately over 10,000 paans during the filming of the entire movie.
- For Aamir’s movie “Dangal”, he was first asked to gain 28kgs of weight and then lost 25 kg in the time duration of 5-6 months to play younger Mahavir Singh Phogat Rahul Bhatt personally trained him.
- He was crazy about balloons and kites in his childhood. Also, Aamir loves solving Rubik’s cube and is also an expert at them.
- Aamir has been avoiding media reporting and going to award ceremonies since 1990 when he was nominated for the Best Actor award for his “Dil”. Still, the award went to Sunny Deol for “Ghayal”.
- Also, when he was invited on the display of his wax imitation at Madame Tussauds, he declined to attend the same.
- Aamir is a good friend of Sachin Tendulkar.
- He also endorsed brands including “Coca-Cola”, “Godrej”, “Titan Watches”, “Tata Sky”, “Toyota Innova”, “Samsung”, “Monaco Biscuits”, and “Snapdeal” etc.
- In 2021, Aamir Khan surprised everyone when he announced his exit from social media.